Design your approach to Climate Strategy
“Carbon is the new business calorie”
This course on Climate Strategy & Decarbonisation is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills needed to understand and develop effective climate strategies and plans for decarbonisation. The course will cover key topics such as the science of climate change, the impact of climate change on businesses and society, climate risk and opportunity, the regulatory and reporting landscape, understanding and setting targets and the latest trends in climate action. Participants will learn how to assess their organisation's carbon footprint, develop a carbon reduction plan, and implement decarbonisation strategies.
• Understand the basics of the science and impacts of climate change
• Analyse the regulatory and reporting landscape and latest trends in climate action
• Start the development of their carbon management, measurement and reduction plan
• Be able to identify decarbonisation pathways and strategies
• Know how to report on climate risk and opportunity - TCFD
• Know the differences in carbon target setting – Net Zero, Science Based Targets, Pledges Carbon Neutrality
• Appreciate the importance of a robust data solution
• Know what to monitor for and where to report on progress towards decarbonisation goals
09:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Webinar, Dublin Chamber, . .
This training course is designed for business leaders, sustainability and ESG managers, environmental professionals, and anyone interested in developing effective climate strategies and plans for decarbonization. No prior knowledge of climate change or sustainability is required.
The 5h course will be delivered virtually, over 2 mornings, through a mix of presentations, case studies, and interactive group discussions.
Delivery Lead: Brian O’Kennedy
Session 1: Friday 13th October | 9:30am- 12 noon
Session 2: Monday 16th October | 9:30am-12 noon
Participation in any of the outlined courses is priced at €95 per module for Dublin Chamber members and €300 for non-Chamber members.