By Chamber Press Office, 20 July 2023
Hot on the heels of the success enjoyed at the inaugural event last September, Metis Ireland are proud to present Future You 2023.
Hosted once again at the breathtaking Armada Hotel in Co. Clare, the life planning event takes place on 11th and 12th September 2023. It will feature a range of talks, workshops, surgeries, and networking opportunities, covering everything from legal and estate matters to mental and physical wellbeing, and all that falls in between.
Future You host Susan Walsh, Private Client Manager at Metis Ireland, will lead the event and guide attendees through the tools they need to prepare for their ‘Third Act’.
WHO WILL BE THERE?
Future You 2023 will feature a cherry-picked panel of speakers from among the finest and most qualified names in business in Ireland:
- Carl Widger, Managing Director of Metis Ireland
- Vicki O’Toole, Founder of Tola Consultancy
- Geraldine Murphy, founder of Evolution Partners Consulting & Coaching
- Tommy Geary, co-founder of Cinco Coaching & Consulting
- Muiris Gavin, Principal Solicitor, Dermot G O’Donovan Solicitors
- Joe O’Connor, Lecturer and Founder of CoachPact
- Gillian Horan, CEO and Founder at The Pudding Brand Consultancy
- Mark White, Retired (mostly!), Founder of In Deep Business Growth
- Professor Patrick Ryan, Associate Vice President at the University of Limerick
Over a day and a half, the panel will provide fascinating insights into their experience of transitioning through high-performing careers, giving consideration for both their professional and personal futures. They will help you to map out your future and understand how that fits into the future of your business – and, more importantly, how that fits into your family life.
Metis will also be joined by Brendan and Terry Ring of Cliona’s Foundation, a charity which provides support for the families of seriously ill children in Ireland. They have been the charity partner of Metis Ireland since 2014 and the firm is delighted to welcome them as the charity partner for Future You.
WHO IS FUTURE YOU FOR?
Future You is an exclusive event, only open to top-flight executives, business owners, self-employed individuals and their partners or spouses.
So, if you're a key person within your business, and you’re starting to think about planning for the next chapter, you're in the right place. Your plans could involve retiring, selling your business, exiting your company, moving to hybrid working, or any other configuration.
To make sure that everybody gets the best out of this event, Metis offer a strictly limited number of places, you are encouraged to book early to avoid disappointment.
PRAISE FOR FUTURE YOU 2022
Don’t just take their word for it – 98% of last year’s attendees said that they had their perspective changed by the event, and that the things they learned from our speakers were new, useful, and informative.
Here’s what else they had to say:
- “Highly impressed by both content and speakers – sharing their stories equips us all to live our best lives. Now it is time for us to take action.”
- “Future You covered topics and conversations that we as businesspeople never take enough time to plan for our personal lives.”
- “I found all the speakers incredibly insightful, good storytelling, relatable and full of wisdom and advice. A lot of these talks told of the 'how' and the 'what' of their topics, and then the 'why' pulled it all together. Superb.”
- “This was a life changing two days.”
- “This event reminded me that the ‘Third Act’ is only another start line in life. Retirement is not the end – it's another beginning for you to enjoy.”
WHO’S BEHIND FUTURE YOU?
What do Ireland’s leading business owners and executives do next? What do you do when you’re ready to wind down and begin the next stage of your life? What does success look like when it comes to exiting your business?
Carl Widger, Managing Director of Limerick- and Dublin-based financial planning firm Metis Ireland, has coached hundreds of successful business owners, senior executives, and top-flight entrepreneurs through these very same questions. Now, he’s on a mission to reach even further with the benefits and peace of mind that a fully-considered lifestyle plan – consisting of not just financials, but also mental and physical wellbeing, life satisfaction, legal considerations, and more – can provide.
With Private Client Manager Susan Walsh at the helm of the organisation and execution of the event, Future You is the realisation of that mission.
For more information about Future You, please visit here.
Carl Widger and Susan Walsh are available for interview.