1 x 2.5h sessions over 1 morning
Water, energy, materials, and waste are all key resources in business. This course focuses on the optimisation of those resources in business, including industrial processes, but also extending to other business aspects of production such as transportation, sourcing, and administration. This will provide participants with the skills and knowledge to commence a resource efficiency programme in their business. This session will include a showcase of relevant case studies from a number of National Waste Prevention Programme (NWPP) resource efficiency programmes. Participants will be required to assess their business for resource efficiency opportunities and prepare an action plan. Participants will be provided with a toolkit for a better understanding of their consumption levels and for more efficient resource management.
• To set the scene for resource efficiency
• Energy: understanding energy terminology and consumption, understanding bills, learning how to minimize costs - energy monitoring, measurement, benchmarking, and auditing
• Learn practical approaches on how to improve energy efficiency
• Benchmarking energy, waste, and water so that the business can compare its own environmental performance on a regular basis against best practice standards
• How to develop a resource efficiency action plan for the businesses, including how to maintain this plan and achieve objectives
• Identify a number of resource efficiency opportunities in your business
• Opportunities for renewable energy
• Water: understanding consumption, bills, benchmarking, and how to minimize water consumption and costs
• Waste: understanding the waste management hierarchy, identifying where waste is produced, understanding bills, benchmarking, learning how to prevent and minimise waste and costs
• Raising staff awareness on how they can improve business efficiency through adopting resource efficiency in the workplace
• Be aware of funding opportunities and grants
• Energy consumption and costs as a key aspects of business success
• Trends in energy sourcing and security including the benefits of adopting renewable energy to increase energy security
• Identification of waste in a business process and identification of opportunities to prevent, minimise and reuse waste
• Benchmarking energy, waste, and water for business
• Best practice standards
• Raising staff awareness on how they can improve business efficiency
• Resource efficiency in the workplace
• Developing a resource efficiency action plan for business
• Financial supports for the implementation of resource efficiency
How will the courses be delivered?
Each course will be delivered remotely by in an interactive, classroom style format. These courses are designed to provide an optimal, interactive learning experience.