Senior Public Affairs Executive
Dublin Chamber is recruiting a Senior Public Affairs Executive to join a highly motivated team of public relations professionals. The role involves working with member companies to prepare policy positions and convey them to key influencers. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills, which will be used to support the Chamber’s public affairs and media campaigns. This role requires policy development and business representation skills, and experience of working directly with senior leaders in the public and private sector.
Reporting to the Public and International Affairs Director, to work with member companies and the Dublin Chamber’s governing Council to:
- Plan, manage and deliver influencing campaigns in support of policy objectives;
- Research, write and convey policy statements, reports and submissions;
- Analyse public policy developments for their impact on Dublin and on business;
- Represent the Chamber at external fora relevant to the Chamber's policy agenda and speak on behalf of the Chamber at seminars and conferences;
- Develop the Chamber's network of key influencers in relevant policy areas and effectively communicate Chamber initiatives;
- Draft member communications and speeches; and
- Contribute to the content of Dublin Chamber publications.
Key Experience and Required Skills:
- Expertise and experience (3-5 years) in public policy;
- History of building relationships directly with senior figures in enterprise and Government;
- Excellent written and oral communications;
- Excellent drafting skills with a keen eye for detail;
- Understanding of Irish politics and business;
- A high degree of IT proficiency;
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast paced ever changing environment; and
- Relevant graduate degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
The Senior Policy Affairs Executive will operate out of the Dublin Chamber’s offices (7 Clare Street, Dublin 2). This is a permanent role. Salary will be commensurate with experience. If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to: Aebhric Mc Gibney, Dublin Chamber of Commerce, email@example.com
by 5pm on Friday 8th